Actor

Best NYX Lip Gloss Guide: Which Glosses Stole My Heart

NYX lip glosses have garnered significant attention in the makeup world, with the Butter Gloss often hailed as the world’s #1 lip gloss. Having tried various NYX lip products, I can attest that some stand out more than others. If you’re new to NYX lip gloss or looking for recommendations, dive into my best NYX lip gloss guide for product insights.

Bottom Line Up Front

Among NYX’s impressive lip gloss lineup, the Butter Gloss reigns as my top recommendation. Offering an extensive range of colors, this gloss combines versatility and longevity. While I’ll delve into the full spectrum of NYX’s lip gloss offerings, the Butter Gloss stands out as a perennial favorite.

My Top Picks Up Front

• Butter Gloss
  • This Is Milky Gloss Milkshakes
  • This Is Juice Gloss
  • Shine Loud High Shine Lip Color
  • Bare With Me Cannabis Lip Conditioner
  • Juicy Secret Lip Gloss
  • Fate: The Winx Saga Fairy Lip Gloss
  • This Is Milky Gloss
  • This Is Milky Lip Gloss Limited Edition
  • #ThisIsEverything Lip Balm
  • #ThisIsEverything Lip Oil
  • Filler Instinct Plumping Lip Polish Gloss
  • Gimme Super Stars! Plumping Lip Topper
  • Lip Lingerie Gloss

Tips for Finding the Best NYX Lip Gloss

NYX offers a vast array of lip glosses, with 16 distinct options. To uncover your ideal pick, consider these factors:

Color

NYX boasts an extensive lip gloss color palette, spanning from natural hues to bold shades. Tailor your choice to your preferences and skin undertones. Building a lip gloss color wardrobe allows for versatility, so explore the full spectrum of options.

Occasion

Select lip glosses based on the occasion. Opt for subtle, moisturizing glosses for daily wear and workplace settings. For special events or nights out, embrace pigmented glosses that make a statement.

Finish

Lip glosses offer various finishes, from creamy and liquid to tinted, sheer, and glittery. Experiment with different finishes to find your favorite. NYX’s affordability makes it easy to explore different options without breaking the bank.

How I Chose These Lip Glosses:

I’ll provide an overview of NYX’s entire lip gloss range, considering customer ratings, color selection, and longevity. By assessing these key factors, you can navigate the diverse offerings and select the lip gloss that suits your preferences and needs.

Customer Ratings

Customer reviews play a pivotal role in gauging a product’s popularity and efficacy. I’ll factor in customer ratings and share my personal experiences to offer a comprehensive perspective.

Color Selection

NYX stands out for its wide range of lip gloss colors. I’ll examine the spectrum of shades available and prioritize glosses with higher pigmentation.

Longevity

The challenge with lip gloss is often its staying power. While no gloss is entirely immune to wear, I’ll highlight glosses that exhibit longer-lasting qualities and address any issues related to color fading or feathering.

My Favorite NYX Lip Glosses

Ready to discover your next favorite NYX lip gloss? Let’s explore NYX’s extensive lip gloss catalog, and I’ll spotlight the glosses that have won my heart.

Butter Gloss

Butter Gloss

Let’s dive into the cult-favorite, the NYX Butter Gloss. This gem is not only one of NYX’s highest-rated lip glosses but also widely adored in the beauty community. The standout feature of this gloss is its incredible color selection, catering to all skin tones and undertones.

For a natural and everyday look, shades like Praline are perfect and look stunning on pale skin. NYX also offers a plethora of shades for those special occasions. Whether it’s a date night or a fun night out with friends, you’ll find a shade to match your vibe, from creamy ruby Red Velvet to the bold blue of Blueberry Tart.

What’s even better is the affordability factor. These glosses come in at a budget-friendly $5, allowing you to experiment with multiple colors without breaking the bank. However, it’s worth noting that the Butter Gloss falls short in the moisture department. After a few hours of wear, you may notice your lips feeling dry. So, if hydration is a must in your lip gloss, you might want to explore other options.

Pros:

• Wide color variety catering to all skin tones and undertones.
  • Affordable price point.
  • Reasonable longevity (approximately two hours).

Cons:

• Some shades may be discontinued over time.
  • Not the most hydrating lip gloss in the market.

This Is Milky Gloss Milkshakes

This Is Milky Gloss Milkshakes

While I haven’t personally tried the Milky Gloss, it appears to address some of the concerns associated with the Butter Gloss. These glosses prioritize moisture and boast a formula enriched with vegan milk, offering a creamy texture that leaves your lips feeling soft and hydrated.

The color selection, while not as extensive as the Butter Gloss, includes some funky and fun shades with a glassy finish. For instance, Mango Lassi showcases a pale yellow hue, while Choco Latte Shake boasts a rich brown. Do note that some shades may lack pigmentation, like Mint Choc Chip Shake, which appears clear rather than green.

One delightful aspect of these glosses is their milkshake-like scent, adding a sensory element to your lip gloss experience. Pricing is slightly higher at $8.50 but remains reasonable.

Pros:

• Pleasant milkshake scent.
  • Moisturizing formula.
  • Non-sticky texture.
  • Available in various attractive colors.
  • Affordable pricing.

Cons:

• Less staying power compared to Butter Gloss.

This Is Juice Gloss

This Is Juice Gloss

If you’re a fan of glossy shine, the This Is Juice gloss is worth considering. These glosses offer a radiant finish and are infused with five electrolytes and a blend of nourishing oils such as grape seed, rosa canina, avocado, jojoba seed, and squalane to keep your lips hydrated.

The inclusion of electrolytes helps maintain the skin’s pH levels, ensuring your lips remain moisturized. As the name suggests, these glosses provide a juicy and non-sticky feel. However, they do have a slightly heavier texture, which may not be suitable for those who prefer a lighter gloss.

With a price tag of $8 each, they’re a bit pricier than the Butter Gloss but still budget-friendly. While they offer a smoothing formula and aren’t sticky, keep in mind that the color payoff is more sheer compared to the Butter Gloss. Additionally, they come with a scented finish, which may not suit everyone’s preferences.

Pros:

• Formulated for a smoothing effect.
  • Non-sticky texture.
  • Offers a sheer color payoff.

Cons:

• Sheer color may not suit those looking for high pigmentation.
  • Scented finish.
  • Texture may feel heavy for some users.

Shine Loud High Shine Lip Color

Shine Loud High Shine Lip Color

The Shine Loud High Shine Lip Color by NYX is a dual-ended lip product, with color on one side and a clear gloss top coat on the other. This line offers an impressive array of shades, making it an excellent choice if you’re seeking a highly pigmented gloss. From the subtle nude-pink of Born to Hustle to the rich brown of Boundary Pusher, you’ll find a shade to match every occasion.

The clear top gloss adds a delightful glassy finish to the color without the stickiness. However, it’s essential to be aware of a couple of drawbacks. Some users have noted that the colors may not always match the pictures, and these glosses tend to be drying on the lips.

Pros:

• A wide range of color options.
  • Excellent staying power.
  • Competes with high-end pigmented lip glosses.
  • Resists smudging and feathering.
  • Offers the choice to skip the top gloss for a matte look.

Cons:

• Can be drying on the lips.

Bare With Me Cannabis Lip Conditioner

Bare With Me Cannabis Lip Conditioner

For the quality it delivers, the Bare With Me Cannabis Lip Conditioner comes at an affordable price of $7. Infused with Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil, it provides soothing relief for your lips. While it may not be the most moisturizing lip product on the market, it offers a straightforward and budget-friendly option.

This lip conditioner is versatile, serving as a daily wear item, a purse essential, or even an overnight lip treatment. The gloss has a non-sticky and quick-absorbing formula, making it an ideal choice for those who prefer a less glossy finish.

Pros:

• Hydrating benefits.
  • Affordable pricing.
  • Contains Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil.

Cons:

• Some reviewers have found more moisturizing alternatives.

Juicy Secret Lip Gloss

Juicy Secret Lip Gloss

Juicy Secret Lip Gloss is a limited edition shade from the Butter Gloss line, inspired by the Netflix show Sex Education. This universal nude shade glides on comfortably and isn’t sticky. It features the signature dessert scent that many appreciate in the Butter Gloss collection.

Pros:

• Comfortable on the lips.
  • A neutral nude shade suitable for various skin tones.
  • Versatile for daytime or evening wear.

Cons:

• Limited edition color.

Fate: The Winx Saga Fairy Lip Gloss

The Winx Saga Fairy Lip Gloss

Another limited edition addition to the NYX lip gloss family, the Fate: The Winx Saga Fairy Lip Gloss collection offers several sparkling shades. These glosses incorporate micro-duochrome pearls for extra sparkle but may not be the best choice for daily wear or those seeking intense moisture.

Pros:

• Available in various sparkling shades.

Cons:

• Limited edition.

This Is Milky Gloss

This Is Milky Gloss

The This Is Milky Gloss series stands out due to its creamy texture, thanks to the infusion of vegan milk. While these glosses may feel slightly sticky initially, they quickly dry down to a creamier sensation. The vegan milk component provides excellent moisture for the lips.

These glosses are available in unique shades, including popular options like Milk n’ Hunny and Lilac Splash. While they have a shiny finish, it’s essential to note that they do have a scent, described as sweet and not overpowering.

Pros:

• Affordable pricing.
  • Several color options.

Cons:

• Scented.
  • Initial stickiness.
  • Limited staying power.

This Is Milky Lip Gloss Limited Edition

This Is Milky Lip Gloss Limited Edition

NYX’s This Is Milky Lip Gloss Limited Edition offers a few exclusive shades, still enriched with vegan milk for added hydration. These shades cater to different skin tones and undertones, providing a range of appealing nude options.

Pros:

• Attractive nude colors.
  • Long-lasting color.
  • Smooth application.

Cons:

• Limited edition.

#ThisIsEverything Lip Balm

thisIsEverything Lip Balm

If you seek a straightforward and moisturizing lip balm, the #ThisIsEverything Lip Balm could be a suitable choice. It features a silky formula infused with hydrating ingredients that offer long-lasting moisture. However, some users may find the tin packaging less convenient.

Pros:

• Hydrating ingredients.
  • Suitable for sensitive lips.
  • Smooth application.
  • Lasting moisturizing benefits.
  • Offers a sheer pink color for daily wear.

Cons:

• Inconvenient tin packaging.
  • Scent may not appeal to everyone.

#ThisIsEverything Lip Oil

ThisIsEverything Lip Oil

Lip oil has been gaining popularity in the makeup world, and the #ThisIsEverything Lip Oil by NYX is an affordable option. This product offers a glossy rather than oily texture and contains rosehip, almond, and jojoba oils for lip hydration.

Priced at just $6, it’s an accessible choice for those interested in the lip oil trend. However, it also carries the same vanilla-cherry blossom scent that some users may find unappealing.

Pros:

• Affordable pricing.
  • Clear gloss suitable for daily wear.

Cons:

• Small bottle size.
  • Limited longevity.

Filler Instinct Plumping Lip Polish Gloss

Filler Instinct Plumping Lip Polish Gloss

The Filler Instinct Plumping Lip Polish Gloss may not be everyone’s cup of tea. While it’s designed to provide a plumping effect, some users have reported experiencing a tingling sensation. The gloss also has a noticeable sparkle, which may not suit those who prefer a more subdued look. Additionally, it can feel sticky and uncomfortable.

Pros:

• Available in various colors.

Cons:

• Excessive sparkle.
  • Moderate plumping effect.
  • Unpleasant scent.

Gimme Super Stars! Plumping Lip Topper

Gimme Super Stars! Plumping Lip Topper

The Gimme Super Stars! Plumping Lip Topper is intended to be applied over lipstick as a topper. This product features the shade 24K Lit, a sparkly gold color. Reviews suggest that the sparkle is subtle, making it a viable choice for those who dislike overly glittery products.

While this lip topper does cause a slight burning sensation upon application, it subsides quickly, and the plumping effect lasts for hours.

Pros:

• Ideal lip topper for any lipstick.
  • Affordable pricing (currently on sale).
  • Effective and long-lasting plumping effect.
  • Smooth application.
  • Subtle sparkly gold color complements various lipsticks.

Cons:

• Initial burning sensation.

Lip Lingerie Gloss

Lip Lingerie Gloss

The Lip Lingerie Gloss may be one of NYX’s underrated lip glosses, but it’s highly regarded by those in the know. These glosses provide a comfortable, non-sticky texture, available in clear or sable, a neutral light-toned brown.

You also have the option to explore glitter or shimmer gloss variants. However, it’s important to note that the taste of this gloss may not be to everyone’s liking, with some users describing it as soapy. Additionally, it may not be the most moisturizing lip gloss available.

Pros:

• Comfortable lip gloss with a non-sticky feel.
  • Choice between clear or a versatile nude shade.
  • Glitter and shimmer gloss alternatives.

Cons:

• Limited longevity.
  • Not the most moisturizing option.

Related Jobs

Back to top button