Makeup

Cover Girl+Olay Simply Ageless 3 in 1 Liquid Foundation Review

The CoverGirl + Olay Simply Ageless 3-in-1 Foundation has been creating quite a buzz in the beauty world. Promising to enhance skin tone, diminish the appearance of wrinkles, firm the skin, and maintain hydration throughout the day, this foundation has captured the attention of many beauty enthusiasts.

Curiosity got the better of me, and despite being 29 years old with relatively youthful skin, I decided to give it a try. My motive was to address my acne scars and prevent makeup from settling into fine lines, which is why I often opt for products intended for mature skin.

After testing it out, I found that the foundation indeed delivers on its promises for mature skin and acne scar concerns. The coverage is impressive, and it remains intact throughout the day. Additionally, its highly moisturizing properties keep the skin feeling nourished and fresh.

However, it’s essential to highlight that the foundation might appear a bit cakey initially. But fear not, as it tends to blend seamlessly with the skin after a short while, revealing a smooth and flawless complexion.

Features:

• Enhances skin tone • Reduces the appearance of wrinkles • Comes in multiple shades • Provides optimal hydration • Cruelty-free

Pros:

• Perfect for mature skin and those with acne scars • Long-lasting wear • Offers excellent coverage • Provides ample hydration

Cons:

• Initial appearance may seem slightly cakey • Lack of shade-matching resources from CoverGirl

The CoverGirl website claims that this foundation will bestow a youthful radiance while effectively minimizing fine lines and wrinkles. Powered by potent ingredients like vitamin C and hyaluronic acid, the foundation ensures that your skin stays nourished and radiant, revealing a more youthful visage.

Buying the Foundation

If you’re interested in getting your hands on this sought-after foundation, fret not; CoverGirl products are widely available. You can easily find them at various retail outlets, including my local Walgreens, where I purchased mine. Keep in mind that this particular foundation is slightly pricier than typical CoverGirl options, as it retails for $18. However, the results are well worth the investment.

The only downside I experienced with CoverGirl was the lack of resources to help customers find their perfect shade. Unfortunately, their website didn’t offer any guidance in this regard. Moreover, when I visited Walgreens, there were no open samples, and few mirrors were available to assist with shade matching. As a result, I had to rely on holding up the bottle against my skin in search of the right match.

Fortunately, luck was on my side, and I found the ideal shade for myself – 220 Creamy Natural. Although it initially seemed slightly chalky, I was pleased to notice that it seamlessly blended into my skin after a short while, leaving me with a natural and flawless finish.

Applying the Foundation:

The CoverGirl + Olay Simply Ageless 3-in-1 Foundation boasts a thicker consistency, surprising many users with its richness. When dispensing two pumps on my wrist, I found it to be a bit much due to its thickness, which requires some effort to blend. For a smoother application, I suggest using a clean foundation brush, although reviewers have achieved beautiful results with a Beauty Blender as well.

The reason behind its luxurious texture lies in the first ingredient, Cyclopentasiloxane, a silicone that not only imparts a sumptuous feel but also blends seamlessly into the skin. While the foundation contains no health risks, some individuals may experience mild irritation.

Coverage:

I’m genuinely impressed with the coverage offered by this foundation, ranging from medium to full and easily blendable. In fact, I found it capable of concealing a zit without requiring additional concealer. What sets it apart is its exceptional blurring ability, especially on acne scars, surpassing even my long-time favorite Make Up For Ever foundation.

Finish:

Despite being a moisturizing foundation, it leaves the skin with a matte finish, which I particularly appreciate as I prefer to avoid dewy finishes. Upon initial application, I noticed a slight cakiness, but this concern quickly vanished after blending the foundation. It not only disguised my acne but also delivered a natural-looking coverage, making it suitable for both mature women and younger individuals with acne scars.

The Scent:

One aspect that may deter some users is its distinct scent, reminiscent of a fresh, laundry-like aroma. While it didn’t bother me personally, I was intrigued by the inclusion of fragrance in a foundation. Those with fragrance sensitivities should be cautious when considering this product.

After Hours of Wearing It:

Having worn this foundation for several hours, I can attest to its long-lasting performance. It showed no signs of fading, oxidizing, or undergoing any significant changes. Nevertheless, to truly test its resilience, I must observe its performance in Florida’s “swamp heat,” a true challenge for any foundation. Some reviewers reported issues with oxidation, although it wasn’t a problem in my case. Those prone to oxidation may want to take this into account before purchasing.

Breakouts:

As someone who experienced breakouts with various drugstore foundations, I was relieved to find that the Simply Ageless foundation did not cause any skin issues. It is one of the few exceptions to my struggles with CoverGirl, Revlon, and L’Oreal foundations. I’m hopeful that it continues to agree with my skin in future uses.

Advice:

While I am pleased with this foundation, I offer some advice to maximize its benefits, having noticed variations in my experience compared to other users’ reviews.

Moisturize Before:

I always advocate moisturizing the skin before applying makeup, and this foundation is no exception. Despite containing hyaluronic acid, some reviewers reported that it dried out their skin. To prevent this, I used my trusted Neutrogena Multi-Vitamin Nourishing Night Cream before applying the foundation, yielding satisfactory results.

Use a Great Primer:

A reliable primer is essential for any foundation application, creating a smooth surface for improved longevity and appearance. Given some common issues associated with this foundation, such as oxidation and fading, investing in a high-quality primer becomes crucial. While Mac Prep + Prime Primer worked well for me, Tarte’s Timeless Smoothing Primer and Smashbox primers are excellent alternatives. For a budget-friendly option, Elf offers high-quality primers at affordable prices. Additionally, CoverGirl provides a corresponding primer that complements this foundation.

Set the Foundation:

Besides using a primer, setting the foundation plays a significant role in reducing shine and preventing makeup from smudging or slipping off the skin. Certain powders can also help blur imperfections. While this foundation boasts a matte finish, setting it with a reliable powder ensures better adherence to the skin. For this purpose, I used my all-time favorite, Make Up For Ever’s HD Microfinishing Loose Powder. Alternatively, CoverGirl offers excellent powders that match this foundation.

Don’t Forget the Setting Spray:

To prolong the foundation’s longevity and protect against creasing and smudging, setting spray is a must-have. While high-end options exist, the Rimmel Stay Matte Fix & Go Setting Spray is a cost-effective choice that delivers satisfactory results. Urban Decay’s setting spray is also worth considering for a more refined mist.

Alternatives:

Although I genuinely appreciate this foundation, there are other alternatives available in the market. Here are a few recommendations:

Olay Total Effects Tone Correcting CC Cream:

If your priority is tone correction in an anti-aging foundation, look no further than Olay Total Effects Tone Correcting CC Cream. This exceptional product, created in collaboration with CoverGirl, delivers the same top-notch quality you’d expect from these renowned brands.

Though slightly pricier, this CC cream boasts a weightless feel, SPF protection, and intense moisturization. With its seven skincare benefits, it works wonders to even out your skin tone and impart a radiant glow. The only drawback is that it may not offer as much coverage as the CoverGirl foundation, making it an ideal option for use as a primer.

Clinique Even Better Ref resh Hydrating and Repairing Makeup:

For those seeking a high-performing anti-aging foundation, the Clinique Even Better Refresh Hydrating and Repairing Makeup fits the bill perfectly. Though it comes at a higher price point ($34), it features powerful ingredients that deeply moisturize and rejuvenate the skin, resulting in a more youthful appearance. This foundation provides full coverage, effectively concealing imperfections while maintaining a natural look.

CoverGirl Outlast Extreme Wear 3-in-1 Foundation:

If you admire CoverGirl’s foundations and prefer a more budget-friendly option without compromising quality, the CoverGirl Outlast Extreme Wear 3-in-1 Foundation is an excellent choice. Functioning as a primer, foundation, and concealer, this foundation offers impressive, full coverage that still looks remarkably natural. It avoids a cakey appearance and feels lightweight on the skin, ensuring a long-lasting wear. With a range of shades available, it caters to various skin tones and contains built-in SPF protection.

Related Jobs

Back to top button