Actor

Best Milk Hydro Grip Primer Dupes

Milk Hydro Grip Primer has secured its place on the beauty wishlists of many. Recognized with the prestigious Allure 2019 Best of Beauty Award, it has become a beloved choice within the beauty community. Personally, I own and enjoy using this primer for my everyday makeup routine. However, it’s no secret that this primer falls into the category of high-end beauty products, and its price tag may not be the most budget-friendly.

In this comprehensive guide, I’ll delve into the top dupes available for Milk Hydro Grip Primer, perfect for those looking to achieve the benefits of hydration and a ‘gripping’ primer effect without straining their wallets.

The Bottom Line Up-Front

Let’s jump right into the ratings for the finest Milk Hydro Grip Primer dupes:

It’s important to note that all the primers I’m recommending in this list are not only cost-effective but also vegan and cruelty-free, aligning with ethical beauty choices while providing a more affordable alternative to the Milk Hydro Grip Primer.

Milk Hydro Grip Primer

Before we explore these exceptional dupes, let’s take a quick look at the Milk Hydro Grip Primer to better understand the comparisons:

• Pump Bottle: This primer comes in a convenient pump bottle for easy dispensing.
  • On the More Expensive Side: Regarded as a high-end product, it carries a relatively higher price point.
  • Vegan & Cruelty-Free: Staying true to ethical standards, it is both vegan and cruelty-free.
  • Hydrating: Known for its hydrating properties, it offers moisture for a smooth base.
  • Radiant Finish: Leaves your skin with a radiant and luminous finish.
  • 3 Sizes: Available in three different sizes to suit varying needs.
  • Keeps Makeup On for 12 Hours: Known for its longevity, it helps makeup stay put for extended periods.
  • Glamorous Bottle: Packaged in an aesthetically pleasing bottle, it adds a touch of glamour to your beauty routine.

My Top 3 Milk Hydro Grip Primer Dupes

The Milk Hydro Grip Primer sets a high standard in the world of makeup primers, leaving the competition with quite the challenge to match its performance. Today, I’m excited to introduce you to the top three dupes that not only come at a more affordable price but also deliver similar exceptional results for your skin, rivaling the effects of the Milk Hydro Grip Primer.

1. NYX Bare with Me Hydrating Jelly Primer

NYX Bare with Me Hydrating Jelly Primer

NYX is a renowned name in the beauty industry, known for offering makeup products that strike the perfect balance between affordability and quality. As a devoted fan of NYX products myself, I can vouch for their effectiveness.

The NYX Bare with Me Hydrating Jelly Primer emerges as an excellent dupe for the Milk Hydro Grip Primer. It boasts the ability to both hydrate your skin and ensure your makeup stays flawlessly in place throughout the day. This gem is part of NYX’s ‘Bare with Me’ range and comes in an adorable baby pink bottle.

Now, let’s take a closer look at the NYX Bare with Me Hydrating Jelly Primer:

• Baby Pink Bottle: This primer is packaged in a charming baby pink bottle, adding a touch of sweetness to your beauty routine.
  • Jelly-Like Texture: It features a delightful jelly-like texture that’s easy to apply and blends smoothly onto your skin.
  • Vegan: Committed to ethical beauty, this primer is vegan, making it a responsible choice for your makeup collection.
  • Clear Gel: The primer is a clear gel, ensuring a transparent application.
  • Key Ingredients: Enriched with cucumber and aloe extracts, it provides hydration and freshness to your skin.
  • One Size: Available in a single size, offering a convenient 1.41 oz. volume.
  • Hydrating: It excels at hydrating your skin, keeping it comfortable and supple.
  • Pore-Refining: The primer also works to minimize the appearance of pores, leaving your skin with a smoother finish.

Pros

• Vegan & Cruelty-Free: Complies with ethical standards, aligning with vegan and cruelty-free principles.
  • Long-Lasting: Keeps makeup intact for up to 8 hours, ensuring a lasting and flawless look.
  • Hydrating Formula: Provides effective hydration while reducing the visibility of pores.
  • Portable: Its compact size makes it easy to carry in your bag for on-the-go touch-ups.
  • Universal Compatibility: Suitable for all skin types, accommodating a wide range of beauty needs.

Cons

• Sticky Formula: Some users may find its texture slightly sticky upon application.
  • Moderate Price: While affordable, it may not be the absolute cheapest primer available.
  • No Pump Bottle: Lacks a pump dispenser, which some users may find less convenient for application.

My Ratings on the NYX Bare with Me Hydrating Jelly Primer:

nyx jelly primer

Packaging 10/10

The charming baby pink color and the portability of this bottle make it a personal favorite. It not only stands out beautifully in your makeup collection but also fits effortlessly into your makeup bag.

Longevity 8/10

While this primer boasts impressive longevity, keeping your makeup intact for up to 8 hours, it falls slightly short of the Milk Hydro Grip Primer’s extended wear time. Nevertheless, it ensures your makeup stays put throughout the day.

Application 8/10

The jelly-like formula of this primer makes application a breeze. Simply scoop out a pea-sized amount with your fingers and apply it evenly across your face. However, a pump bottle, like the one used for the Milk Hydro Grip Primer, would have made the application even more convenient.

Formula & Effect 9/10

This primer offers a host of benefits, from hydrating your skin to ensuring your makeup lasts for hours and refining the appearance of pores. It adheres to vegan and cruelty-free principles, incorporating skin-loving ingredients like aloe and cucumber extract. The only drawback is that the formula can feel somewhat sticky upon application.

Price 5/10

While there are more affordable primers available on the market, it’s important to note that the NYX Bare with Me Hydrating Jelly Primer still offers a more budget-friendly option compared to the Milk Hydro Grip Primer, which is priced at $17.00.

How does it compare to the Milk Hydro Grip Primer?

In my opinion, this primer stands as one of the best dupes you can find when comparing it to the Milk Hydro Grip Primer. It excels in hydrating your skin, reducing the visibility of pores, and ensuring long-lasting makeup results.

2. Revolution Glass Liquid Skin Primer

Revolution Glass Liquid Skin Primer

Revolution is a well-established beauty brand known for its highly affordable products. While some of their offerings may be hit or miss, they occasionally release products that truly shine, and this primer is a prime example. The Revolution Glass Liquid Skin Primer is marketed as a way to achieve the coveted ‘Korean glass skin trend,’ promising to leave your skin radiant.

Here’s a quick rundown of the Revolution Glass Liquid Skin Primer:

• Vegan & Cruelty-free.
  • Features a beautiful ‘reflective’ box and bottle.
  • Best suited for those with dry skin.
  • Designed to impart an illuminating effect on the skin.
  • Available in one size – 0.57 oz.
  • Highly budget-friendly.
  • Dispensed through a convenient pump bottle.

Pros

• Presented in an eye-catching glitter-adorned box and a clear bottle.
  • Adheres to vegan and cruelty-free principles.
  • Provides a luminous effect on the skin.
  • Exceptionally affordable.
  • Ideal for individuals with dry skin.

Cons

• The formula can feel slimy and adhesive.
  • Hair may stick to your face due to the formula’s texture.
  • Not well-suited for those with sensitive or oily skin.

My Ratings on the Revolution Glass Liquid Skin Primer:

Revolution Glass Liquid Skin Primer

Formula & Effect 6/10

My thoughts on this primer are a bit mixed. While it works wonderfully for individuals with dry skin, I’d advise against it if you have sensitive or oily skin, as it can accentuate pores and has an extremely sticky formula. You’ll be aware of this primer’s presence on your skin for most of the day. However, it does deliver on its promise of providing glowing skin that truly shines in photos.

Packaging 8/10

I adore the glittering box that houses this primer! The bottle, while simpler in design (black and clear), comes with a pump dispenser that makes application easy.

Longevity 8/10

This primer offers a solid 6 hours of wear, making it perfect for your next night out.

Application 6/10

Pro tip: Use a makeup brush when applying this primer. The product’s high stickiness can lead to it getting all over your fingers. With a pump bottle (similar to the Milk Hydro Grip Primer), it applies smoothly to your face when you use a makeup brush.

Price 10/10

This is one of the most affordable primers on the market – it’s a steal at just $12.00 from Ulta Beauty.

While the Milk Hydro Grip Primer boasts a superior formula with less stickiness, the Revolution Glass Liquid Skin Primer delivers a hydrated glow to your makeup look. Although it doesn’t have the same longevity, it’s one of the most budget-friendly dupes available, particularly suitable for those with dry skin.

3. The Ordinary High-Adherence Silicone Primer

The Ordinary High-Adherence Silicone Primer

The Ordinary is renowned for its budget-friendly skincare products that deliver remarkable results for your skin. Personally, I’ve incorporated many of their products into my skincare routine and have witnessed a noticeable improvement in my skin’s clarity and hydration. Their primer, priced unbelievably low, is my next recommendation for a dupe.

Here’s a quick overview of The Ordinary High-Adherence Silicone Primer:

• A lightweight cream.
  • Vegan & Cruelty-free.
  • Matte primer.
  • Reduces the appearance of pores.
  • Hydrating.
  • Helps conceal imperfections.
  • Available in one size – 1.0 oz.
  • Features a smooth formula.
  • One of the most affordably priced primers on the market.

Pros

• Incredibly affordable ($6.00).
  • Provides hydration.
  • Reduces the appearance of pores.
  • Helps conceal imperfections.
  • Complies with vegan and cruelty-free standards.

Cons

• Offered in only one size.
  • Exhibits a chemical smell.
  • Limited longevity.

My Ratings of The Ordinary High-Adherence Silicone Primer:

Ordinary High-Adherence Silicone Primer

Packaging 10/10

I’m quite taken with how The Ordinary designs its products. They exude a scientific aura, as if they were straight out of a laboratory! This primer features the iconic ‘science’ label and a bronze color scheme.

Longevity 2/10

The primary drawback of this primer is its longevity. Unlike the Milk Hydro Grip Primer, The Ordinary High-Adherence Silicone Primer has a relatively short lifespan, with your makeup beginning to wear off after just a few hours. It’s suitable for capturing some Instagram-worthy selfies immediately after applying your makeup but not ideal for all-day wear.

Application 10/10

The packaging is user-friendly, dispensing the product in pea-sized amounts that are easy to apply to your face.

Formula & Effect 7/10

The formula boasts a smooth and creamy texture, owing to its silicone content. However, it does have a somewhat pungent chemical scent that may deter some users. Despite its limited longevity, this primer imparts a smooth and hydrating effect to your skin.

Price 10/10

This primer is an absolute steal for its quality! Priced at only $6.00 (Ulta Beauty), it offers excellent value.

The Ordinary primer provides hydration, creates a silky smooth base, and diminishes the appearance of pores. It was well on its way to becoming my favorite primer, but its short-lived effect on makeup wear is a drawback. Nevertheless, its affordability makes up for this limitation, rendering it a fantastic dupe in comparison to the Milk Hydro Grip Primer.

An Overview of the Best Milk Hydro Grip Primer Dupes

• NYX Bare with Me Hydrating Jelly Primer: This dupe is a top choice as it not only hydrates your skin and reduces the appearance of pores but also keeps your makeup intact throughout the day. It offers all the benefits of the Milk Hydro Grip Primer at a more budget-friendly price point. Rating: 10/10
  • Revolution Glass Liquid Skin Primer: While this primer delivers a radiant finish, it may not be suitable for those with sensitive or oily skin due to its sticky formula. Nonetheless, it excels in providing the desired ‘gripping’ effect and comes at an extremely affordable price. Rating: 6/10
  • The Ordinary High-Adherence Silicone Primer: Despite its relatively shorter makeup longevity, this primer still receives high marks for its budget-friendly pricing and its ability to create a smooth, hydrated base. Rating: 7/10

Alternatives to Consider

Here are some other gripping primers worth considering for your makeup collection:

1. Color FX Gripping Primer

While slightly pricier than other Milk Hydro Grip Primer dupes (available on Amazon for $20.00), this primer excels at holding your makeup in place, making it perfect for a night out where you need long-lasting makeup.

2. Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat Blur Face Primer

This luxurious branded primer, though on the expensive side at $52.00 (available at Nordstorm), offers exceptional benefits. Housed in a beautiful gold bottle, it delivers silky-smooth skin and imparts a luminous glow.

3. Make Up For Ever Step 1 Hydra Booster Primer

Named an Allure Best of Beauty winner in 2021, this super-hydrating primer is ideal for individuals with dry skin. It boasts an impressive makeup-holding capacity, keeping your makeup intact for up to 24 hours. While it falls on the pricier end at $37.00 (available at Sephora), it’s a worthy option, especially if you already own the Milk Hydro Grip Primer.

Related Jobs

Back to top button