Makeup

Tarte Juicy Lip Review: How Long Will This Lipstick Last?

Tarte, renowned for its natural-based products, has earned its place among the top cosmetic companies with annual revenues ranging from $100 million to $500 million. Beauty enthusiasts worldwide swear by their offerings, and I am no exception. Personally, I hold a special affinity for Tarte Cosmetics, particularly their mascaras and Amazonian Clay Foundation, which I frequently recommended to clients during my tenure at Sephora. My positive experiences with their skincare and makeup products led me to explore the Tarte Maracuja Juicy Lip plump, and today, I’m eager to provide an honest Tarte Juicy Lip Review.

Key Features of Tarte Juicy Lip:

• Convenient Bullet Packaging: The product comes in a user-friendly lipstick bullet packaging.
  • Smoothing and Hydrating Formula: Tarte Juicy Lip offers a formula that not only imparts a glossy finish but also nourishes and smoothens the lips.
  • Vegan: This lip product adheres to vegan principles, appealing to those who seek cruelty-free options.
  • Buildable Pigment: While not intensely pigmented, it allows for the buildable application to achieve the desired color intensity.
  • Pleasant Scent: Tarte Juicy Lip carries a delightful scent, reminiscent of coconut.
  • Free from Harmful Ingredients: The formula is crafted without the inclusion of harmful ingredients.

Pros:

• Non-Sticky Feel: Tarte Juicy Lip doesn’t leave a sticky sensation on the lips, ensuring comfortable wear.
  • Shiny and Glossy Look: It imparts a shiny and glossy appearance to the lips, enhancing their allure.
  • Hydrating Effect: The product effectively hydrates the lips, keeping them moisturized.

Cons:

• Click-Style Function: The click-style function used to dispense the product can be somewhat confusing and bothersome.
  • Less Pigmented: It may not be as pigmented as expected, resulting in a color payoff that differs from initial expectations.
  • Limited Longevity: Tarte Juicy Lip may not offer the same longevity as traditional lip products.

Understanding Tarte Maracuja Juicy Lip:

Tarte Maracuja Juicy Lip

Tarte promotes its Maracuja Juicy Lip as a multifaceted lip plump with tinting and hydrating capabilities. The product is also designed to smooth the appearance of lip lines. Additionally, this versatile lip product serves as a gloss, balm, lipstick, and hydrating treatment, catering to various lip care needs. One of its distinctive features is its vegan composition. It not only imparts a glossy shine but also nourishes the lips.

What Is Maracuja?

Maracuja

Maracuja, Portuguese for “passion fruit,” serves as a key ingredient in many Tarte products. This superfood, rich in essential vitamins like A, C, carotene, and riboflavin, offers skincare benefits. Its antioxidants help the skin retain moisture and provide anti-aging advantages. Hence, Maracuja contributes to the cushiony softness Tarte’s Maracuja Juicy Lip imparts to the lips.

Personal Experience:

Opting for the shade “Orchid,” I anticipated a beautifully pigmented mauve color. Upon swatching, the gloss appeared slightly more beige than expected but retained a hint of mauve sheen, which pleased me.

During the first application, I encountered a minor challenge with the product’s click-style mechanism, which required clicking from the bottom. While slightly inconvenient, it was manageable. However, the color payoff on my lips didn’t align with my high expectations. The gloss appeared more beige than mauve, which was slightly disappointing.

Despite the color disparity, I admired the non-sticky texture and the exquisite shine it provided. To enhance the mauve/plum appearance, I paired it with the Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner in “Under My Spell,” resulting in a delightful shiny plum hue.

Regarding the coconut scent, I noted that it wasn’t particularly strong. It required a deliberate whiff to detect, making it suitable for individuals who prefer unscented products.

Tarte Juicy Lip, a versatile lip product with its unique blend of qualities, offers a glossy, hydrating experience with slight room for improvement in pigmentation and longevity.

How It Wore The Rest of The Night:

As previously mentioned, I wore the Tarte Juicy Lip to an event, indulging in drinks and even succumbing to the temptation of an ice cream from a nearby food truck. It didn’t take long before I needed to reapply the gloss, and it’s worth noting that its longevity left much to be desired. The gloss lasted for about an hour, which, while relatively impressive for a lip gloss, might not justify its $19 price tag. However, there’s a caveat when it comes to application – avoid rubbing your lips together vigorously to prevent serious feathering.

Now, Tarte claims that their glosses have plumping properties. While it’s true that lips can appear fuller with any gloss due to increased moisture and shine, Tarte’s Juicy Lip lacks ingredients like collagen, mint, or cinnamon typically found in true lip plumpers. For those seeking a genuine plumping effect, I recommend exploring Buxom lip glosses.

Alternatives:

I’ve previously shared some of my favorite lip glosses in our Best Lip Gloss Style Guide, but here are a few options, including Tarte alternatives, that might pique your interest:

Buxom Full-On Lip Gloss

Buxom Full-On Lip Gloss

In my previous review and here, I can’t help but emphasize how much I adore Buxom’s Full-On Lip Gloss. This collection, which includes various shades, offers moisture and a slight plumping effect, thanks to the inclusion of mint extract. The colors are impressively pigmented, and their longevity is commendable. Although they may require reapplication after eating or drinking, they are well worth it for a lasting and luscious look.

It Cosmetics Je Ne Sais Quoi Hydrating Lip Treatment

It Cosmetics Je Ne Sais Quoi Hydrating Lip Treatment

While I haven’t personally tried this product, my research into Juicy Lip alternatives brought me to It Cosmetic’s Je Ne Sais Quoi Hydrating Lip Treatment. Although it offers limited color options, it compensates with a hydrating blend of hyaluronic acid, antioxidants, and nourishing oils. Available in Original Pink and Honey tint shades, this product, priced at around $35, boasts stellar reviews.

Sephora Collection Colorful Gloss Balm

Sephora Collection Colorful Gloss Balm

For serious hydration and pigment without plumping, Sephora Collection’s Colorful Gloss Balm is a budget-friendly choice. The color payoff is impressive, and these glosses exhibit decent longevity, albeit not exceptional. They are enriched with mango and grapeseed oil, providing nourishment for your lips.

Tarte Color Splash Lipstick

Tarte Color Splash Lipstick

While I didn’t care for their Quench Lip Rescue, the Tarte Color Splash Lipstick has garnered positive reviews. Users praise its extreme hydration and long-lasting color. With a variety of appealing shades available on the Tarte website, it might be worth giving this product a chance.

Tarte H20 Gloss

Tarte H20 Gloss

Another Tarte lip product with great reviews is the Tarte H20 Gloss. Moisturizing and non-sticky, this gloss boasts impressive color payoff. Some shades feature iridescence, sparkle, holographic effects, and more, which truly shine through. It can be worn alone or layered over lipsticks for added allure.

Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm

Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm

Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm is a reliable go-to for an affordable lip product. Offering buildable pigment, decent color longevity, and intense moisturization thanks to botanical waxes, these lip balms are a steal at $4.99 each. However, they are prone to feathering, so apply them with care.

Wibo Juicy Color

Wibo Juicy Color

Wibo, a Polish cosmetics company, has a product called Juicy Color that closely resembles Tarte’s offering. Wibo’s Juicy Color is a lipstick + balm available in a convenient twist-up packaging, avoiding the hassle of the click-style mechanism. With a creamy and moisturizing formula featuring shea butter, it promises long-lasting color. While it comes in a limited range of six shades, they are worth considering for an overseas beauty adventure.

With these alternatives, you can explore various options to achieve the desired lip look while considering factors such as hydration, pigment, and longevity.

Related Jobs

Back to top button