For a flawless makeup look, I incorporate under-eye setting powder into my daily routine. It not only prevents the dreaded cakey appearance but also minimizes pores and controls sebum production. However, it’s important to note that severe acne-prone complexions may require additional measures beyond the use of this product. In such cases, opting for minimal makeup and allowing the skin to breathe is crucial.
Now, let’s delve into the world of under-eye setting powders. The best ones will elevate your makeup by preventing melting and maintaining a matte, subtle finish for hours. With the vast array of options available, choosing the right powder can be overwhelming. That’s why I’m here to guide you through this topic in today’s article.
Bottom Line: Balancing Quality and Affordability When considering budget without compromising on value, the Maybelline Banana powder is an excellent choice. With its delightful hue and long-lasting formula, it offers great results. On the other hand, if budget is not a concern, the Anastasia Beverly Hills powder is my personal favorite. Its lightweight texture and smoothing properties create a flawless finish that’s hard to resist.
Both of these under-eye powders excel in concealing dark circles, minimizing pores, camouflaging skin imperfections, and delivering an overall smooth effect.
Selection Criteria: To curate this list of under-eye setting powders, I prioritized popularity and coverage power. I relied on established beauty brands and selected only high-quality formulas.
The Best Under Eye Setting Powder Options – My Top 13 Choices
- 1 The Best Under Eye Setting Powder Options – My Top 13 Choices
- 2 Best Under-Eye Powders for Dark Circles
- 3 Infallible Loose Face Powder by L’Oreal Paris
- 4 Pros:
- 5 Cons:
- 6 Bye-Bye Pores Powder by IT Cosmetics
- 7 Pros:
- 8 Cons:
- 9 Dermablend Professional Illuminating Powder
- 10 Pros
- 11 Cons
- 12 Maybelline Lasting Banana Powder
- 13 Pros
- 14 Cons
- 15 Revlon Photoready Candid Powder
- 16 Pros
- 17 Cons
- 18 Best Under-Eye Powders for Oily Skin
- 19 Laura Mercier Blurring Powder
- 20 Pros
- 21 Cons
- 22 Coty Airspun Face Powder
- 23 Pros
- 24 Cons
- 25 Anastasia Beverly Hills Setting Powder
- 26 Pros
- 27 Cons
- 28 Becca Under-Eye Setting Powder
- 29 Pros
- 30 Cons
- 31 Hyaluronic Hydra-Power Loose Powder by Terry
- 32 Pros
- 33 Cons
- 34 Pat McGrath Labs Powder
- 35 Pros
- 36 Cons
- 37 Best Under-Eye Powders for Wrinkles & Mature Skin
- 38 Veil Translucent Powder
- 39 Pros
- 40 Cons
- 41 Pros
- 42 Cons
Presented below are the following setting powders in random order.
Best Under-Eye Powders for Dark Circles
To effectively cover dark circles, a setting powder with strong illuminating properties is essential. As someone who frequently wakes up with dark circles under my eyes, I have personally tried and tested several brightening powders that help achieve a fresh and revitalized look. Here are some of my favorites:
Infallible Loose Face Powder by L’Oreal Paris
Among the translucent setting powders available, the Infallible Sweep and Lock powder stands out as one of my top choices. Its microfine particles effectively lock in concealer or foundation for extended hours. Upon application, my face achieves a smooth, matte finish.
This lightweight powder is ideal if the white finish matches your skin tone, as it provides a natural look. Its brightening effect is particularly helpful in covering dark circles.
- Versatile, suitable for all skin types.
- Creates a smooth and flawless appearance.
- Affordable option.
- Long-lasting, as only a small amount of powder is needed.
- Offers full coverage.
- The white color may not be suitable for those with pale skin.
- Smaller packaging than expected.
- Leaves a trace of white residue, not entirely translucent.
Bye-Bye Pores Powder by IT Cosmetics
Another excellent full-coverage under-eye powder is the Bye-Bye Pores from IT Cosmetics. I was impressed by its formula, enriched with effective ingredients like hydrolyzed collagen, anti-aging peptides, and antioxidants. This powder not only maintains a matte makeup look throughout the day but also helps prevent wrinkles and saggy skin.
Its silk compounds moisturize and soften the face, while the peptides enhance elasticity, resulting in a firmer complexion. This powder effectively conceals pores and dark circles.
- Translucent powder with a hint of white, easy to apply.
- Formulated with nourishing ingredients.
- Reduces puffiness around the eyes by concealing dark circles.
- Suitable for all skin tones.
- Diminishes the appearance of pores.
- Smaller packaging than anticipated.
- Higher price point.
- The white finish may be too bright for personal preference.
- May not be the best choice for dry skin.
Dermablend Professional Illuminating Powder
Dermablend offers a banana brightening powder that imparts a luminous effect. With its yellow hues, this powder is ideal for dull skin. Although it is relatively expensive, it serves as the perfect finishing touch to enhance your makeup.
One notable feature of this under-eye powder is its suitability for both dry and oily skin types, providing excellent results regardless of complexion. While it claims to last up to 16 hours, it’s important to consider external factors such as hot weather conditions that may impact its longevity.
This setting powder effectively covers dark circles, imparting a bright and warm banana hue to counteract the cool tones.
In conclusion, the right under-eye setting powder can transform your makeup routine, ensuring a flawless, long-lasting finish. Consider your preferences and needs when selecting from the wide range of options available. With the right powder in hand, you’ll achieve a fresh and revitalized look, bidding farewell to dark circles and embracing a smooth complexion.
- Ideal for those with sensitive skin, redness, spots, and other concerns.
- Prevents cakey foundation and provides a natural finish.
- Transfer-resistant and suitable for a wide range of skin types.
- Approved by dermatologists as a non-comedogenic powder.
- Fragrance-free and vegan.
- Provides a luminous effect but not as intense as illuminating powders.
- May not control shine for an extended period, especially for oily skin.
- Can potentially dry the skin, leading to more visible fine lines.
Maybelline Lasting Banana Powder
Maybelline’s Lasting Banana Powder is a top choice for those seeking decent quality, long-lasting performance, and affordability. As someone who has relied on Maybelline products since my teenage years, their reputation speaks for itself. I particularly appreciate the matte finish this powder provides, helping me control shine, especially during hot summer days.
The versatility and multi-purpose nature of this powder make it a favorite. Whether used alone to combat shine or applied over foundation for makeup longevity, it consistently delivers. When I opt for a lightweight and natural summer makeup look, I only apply a bit of concealer around my eyes and use a large brush to apply this powder to my face.
To complete the look, I add mascara and lip gloss. One of the standout features of this product is its banana shade, which effectively covers my dark circles.
- Highly affordable and long-lasting.
- Controls sebum and oily skin.
- Banana hue eliminates white residues.
- Trusted brand with cruelty-free products.
- Contains talc.
- Occasional inconvenience when reaching the end of the container.
- Excessive application may result in a yellowish tint, dependent on skin tone.
Revlon Photoready Candid Powder
Revlon has always been synonymous with premium, high-quality products. I recall my mother using their cosmetics, and now I have incorporated them into my routine. Therefore, it’s natural for me to include Revlon’s under-eye powder in this article. With its lightweight, translucent formula, it feels as though my skin can still breathe beneath its application.
Available in three shades (light, medium, and dark), this powder leaves my face feeling incredibly smooth. I appreciate the entire Photoready Candid product line, including their oil-free, fragrance-free concealers and foundations. I encourage you to try them all.
- Formulated with anti-pollutant compounds and antioxidants.
- Lightweight texture that allows the skin to breathe.
- Provides excellent smoothing effects.
- Effective at covering under-eye dark circles.
- Mess-free packaging.
- Contains talc.
- Matte finish may not last as long on oily complexions.
- Coverage power may appear too natural in certain lighting conditions.
Best Under-Eye Powders for Oily Skin
In addition to addressing dark circles, it’s crucial to tackle oily skin concerns. As someone with a combination of dry and oily skin, I understand the struggle. My forehead, nose, and chin tend to get oily, while my cheeks experience dryness. Therefore, I’ve curated a selection of under-eye powders that effectively control sebum production.
Laura Mercier Blurring Powder
Laura Mercier’s Blurring Powder impresses with its lightweight texture and shine control. It offers a smoothing effect and effectively covers fine lines. The powder is available in a transparent version as well as colored options. While the colored powder suits medium and deep skin tones, I recommend it for summer when my skin becomes tanned.
To achieve optimal results, I apply concealer before this powder, allowing it to dry slightly before gently pressing and sweeping the powder using a soft brush to remove excess product.
- Lightweight and provides a smoothing effect.
- Long-lasting blurring effect.
- Controls shine and sebum, making it an excellent choice for oily skin.
- Coverage of fine lines may not be as effective.
- Application can be challenging with a makeup brush.
- Higher price point.
Coty Airspun Face Powder
Although not as well-known as other brands, Coty Airspun’s face powder is exceptional. Offering a range of six beautiful shades, including sheer, honey beige, sun tan, and naturally neutral, it surprised me with its long history. Established in 1935 by Francois Coty, a Master Perfumer, the brand has stood the test of time.
This under-eye setting powder reduces pores, controls oil and shine, and is effortless to apply. I blend my under-eye concealer thoroughly, allow it to dry, then gently press and sweep this powder using a large soft brush. For best results, leave the powder on for a few minutes before sweeping away any excess.
- Conceals dark circles and controls shine and sebum.
- Reduces the appearance of pores.
- Multiple shades available to suit various skin tones.
- Creates a flawless finish.
- Not a cruelty-free product.
- Contains talc.
- May leave a slightly white residue, depending on skin tone.
Anastasia Beverly Hills Setting Powder
Anastasia Beverly Hills is renowned for its premium products, and this loose face powder is no exception. Although it carries a higher price tag, the brand’s reputation speaks for itself. I appreciate its translucent formula, even with its white hue, although I was initially concerned it would make my already fair skin appear paler. Thankfully, the range offers other shades, including vanilla, deep peach, banana, and golden orange.
- Lightweight texture that feels comfortable on the skin.
- Suitable for various skin types.
- Esteemed as one of the best setting powders by many users.
- Creates a smooth and matte finish.
- Expensive option.
- White residue may be visible with excessive application, but the vanilla hue is a suitable alternative for fair skin tones.
- May cause slight dryness.
Becca Under-Eye Setting Powder
For effective coverage of fine lines, Becca’s Under-Eye Setting Powder is a top choice. Not only does it work as a setting powder, but it also provides a brightening effect. The formula is paraben-free and marketed by a cruelty-free brand, making it a safe and ethical choice.
Applying this powder with a makeup brush is a breeze, but remember to shake off any excess before sweeping it under your eyes to set your makeup. The weightless and translucent appearance of this powder adds to its appeal.
- Enhances the longevity of your makeup.
- Effectively covers fine lines.
- Provides an illuminating effect to the under-eye area.
- Higher price point.
- May cause slight dryness.
- Excessive application can lead to a cakey appearance.
Hyaluronic Hydra-Power Loose Powder by Terry
Terry’s Hyaluronic Hydra-Power Loose Powder is an excellent option for fine lines due to its hyaluronic acid content, which helps restore skin elasticity. While I personally prefer the colorless version, this powder comes in a wide range of shades, catering to all skin tones.
This powder provides a mattifying and blurring effect, leaving the skin smooth and hydrated. Its water retention properties are impressive, making it ideal for mature skin.
- Blurs imperfections and mattifies the skin.
- Lightweight and non-drying.
- Contains hyaluronic acid for added hydration.
- Vegan and made with natural ingredients.
- Higher price point.
- Texture may be too powdery for some.
- Excessive application can lead to a white cast on the skin.
Pat McGrath Labs Powder
If you desire a flawless look that hides fine lines throughout the day, the Pat McGrath Labs Skin Fetish Blurring Powder is an excellent choice. This powder illuminates and smooths the under-eye area, leaving a silky and lightweight feeling on the skin.
This powder remains crease-free even after extended wear, making it perfect for long-lasting makeup looks. With four available shades to choose from, you can find the perfect match for your skin tone.
- Illuminates and smooths the under-eye area.
- Delicate and lightweight.
- Provides excellent coverage for pores.
- Ideal for mature skin.
- Prone to crumbling.
- Packaging could be improved.
- Medium shade may be too dark for certain skin tones.
Best Under-Eye Powders for Wrinkles & Mature Skin
When it comes to mature skin and wrinkles, choosing the right under-eye powder can provide a natural and fresh look. Here are two powders specifically formulated for addressing these concerns.
Veil Translucent Powder
Veil’s Translucent Powder is an excellent choice for mature skin and wrinkles, as it conceals under-eye wrinkles and provides an overall refreshed appearance. The talc-free formula is designed with special light-reflecting particles that create a soft-focus effect, minimizing the appearance of wrinkles without a heavy or cakey finish.
- Provides a flawless and refreshed look.
- Minimizes the appearance of pores.
- Blurs out skin imperfections.
- Formulated with high-quality ingredients.
- Higher price point.
- May leave a white cast on darker skin tones.
- May not be suitable for oily skin.
Mineral Veil Setting Powder by Bare Minerals
Bare Minerals’ Mineral Veil Setting Powder is a great option for those with wrinkles and oily skin. This finishing powder locks in makeup for extended wear, creating a lightweight and sheer coverage that leaves the skin luminous and flawless.
- More affordable than similar setting powders.
- Lightweight and translucent.
- Provides a natural look.
- Versatile application options.
- Suitable for various skin tones.
- Absorbs sebum and oil.
- Covers wrinkles without a cakey appearance.
- May leave a white cast on the skin.
- Dry skin types may require primer application to prevent settling in wrinkles.
When selecting the best under-eye setting powder for your needs, it’s crucial to consider factors such as shade compatibility, desired finish, and lasting power. By choosing powders that effectively address fine lines, wrinkles, and mature skin concerns, you can achieve a flawless and youthful look that lasts throughout the day.